Raphael has practised in the full range of criminal and immigration matters. Before founding Titan Solicitors, Raphael recently represented one the defendants in the landmark Old Bailey trial involving a mother and her partner both charged under the Female Genital Mutilation Act. The case involved Complex expert medical evidence, child witnesses and extensive evidence of the defendant’s involvement and belief in witchcraft. The case also attracted world-wide media attention.
- Successfully defended a client charged with multiple counts of rape of a co-worker.
- Successfully defended a client charged with drugs offences whilst in an immigration detention centre.
- Successfully defended a client charged with kidnapping and false imprisonment.
- Has developed a niche specialist expertise in Asylum (LGBT and Political) applications and appeals on behalf refugees from Uganda, Bangladesh, Kenya, Rwanda and Nigeria.
- Acts for large numbers of individuals in leave to remain and family reunion applications.
- Regularly instructed by families with complex nationality and immigration applications for children and young persons.
- Assisted in securing indefinite leave on the basis of domestic violence.
- Successful appeal against the refusal of family reunion for the child of a refugee who was over 18 at the time of the application.
- Secured removal of condition of no recourse to public funds for parent of a British child.
- Secured leave to remain for applicant as an adult dependant relative exceptionally.