Solicitor, LLB, LLM
Raphael is the Director within the Immigration, Crime and Family Department at Titan Solicitors. Raphael has an excellent work ethic and works tirelessly for his diverse clients.
- LPC, London Metropolitan University (2009)
- LLM International Law, London Metropolitan University (2005)
- LLB, University of London (2004)
- ICA Diploma focused in Governance, Risk and Compliance from the International Compliance Association.
- Leading a team that represents privately funded clients, including foreign nationals, in all courts across the full spectrum of immigration, human rights, nationality law and judicial review.
- Representing foreign nationals who are seeking international protection, complex asylum (LGBT and political) applications and appeals on behalf of refugees from Uganda, Bangladesh, Kenya, Cameroon, Jamaica, Zimbabwe, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda and Nigeria.
- Advising on a broad range of family and childcare matters including; Care proceedings; Private law children disputes and Domestic violence matters.
- Successful in an appeal against the refusal of a family reunion for the child of a refugee who was over 18 at the time of the application.
- Secured leave to remain for an adult-dependent relative.
- Secured leave to enter for a dependent relative with medical complications.
- Secured leave to remain in the UK for a victim of trafficking.
- Extensive experience in challenging decisions by judicial review.
- Successfully defended a client charged with conspiracy to possess false ID documents and the commission of breaching immigration law.
- In a landmark trial at the Old Bailey represented a client charged under the Female Genital Mutilation Act.
- Successfully defended a client charged with drug offences whilst in an immigration detention centre.
- Successfully defended a client acquitted of kidnapping and false imprisonment charges.